The mechanical shoe seal is the preferred primary seal in the industry for external floating roof tanks and is considered to be the most reliable and efficient option on the market.
Featuring robust, all stainless-steel components, this seal provides a considerable effective working range, long and reliable service life, and is suitable for both installation during either in-service or out-of-service periods.
The Directank DT-P1 Shoe Support mechanism consists of a durable single hinge configuration with sufficient structural rigidity to hold the shoe plate level throughout variable rim spaces. The shoe plate is further kept in constant, tight contact with the tank shell by multiple compression elements consisting of hardened spring steel. These components allow for reliable performance in even the most challenging operational conditions, including large rim gaps and tank shell inconsistencies. The mechanical shoe primary seal is the primary seal of choice for the vast majority of tank owner/operators and the best choice for reliable, continuous operation.
click image to download brochure (pdf)
- Customized Configuration for Optimum Performance
- Hardened High-Tensile Stainless-Steel Spring Components, providing continuous, reliable operation
- Extremely Durable with Excellent working range
- Friendly for out-of-service installation
- Premium vapor barrier fabric options, including Polyurethane and Teflon
- Ideal for retrofitting to replace existing underperforming seals
- Excellent Shoe Compression for Tight Fit across a wide working range
- Versatile, Robust design providing continuous, worry-free Operation
- Full traceability on manufacturing and materials independently certified
- Simple, Safe Installation with all-bolted connections and no necessary hot-work
- Full compliance with all relevant codes and regulations, including the EPA 40 CFR 60 and local Air Quality Management District requirements.